Last modified: August 8th, 2017.
The NAV People, Inc. ('we') are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On our site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our site.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our site.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on our site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our site or on or through any of its features/register on the site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
1. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our site, including information:
(i) by which you may be personally identified, such as name, position, address, e-mail address, phone number and other limited profile information about you and your business;
(ii) that is about you but individually does not identify you, and/or
(iii) about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our site and usage details.
We collect this information:
(i) directly from you when you provide it to us;
(ii) automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
(iii) from third parties, for example, our business partners.
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our services, make search queries on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. Occasionally we may also carry out surveys or other promotional activities, which may be to introduce new services available from The NAV People (also trading as D365 Cannabis), or for more general interest. Participation in any survey is entirely optional.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- technical information about your computer and internet connection, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and it may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information You Give To Us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We are a business who generally only contracts and deals with other businesses. However, if you are a consumer who is an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer who is a consumer (not a business) we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you are happy for us to use your data in this way for marketing purposes, please notify us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- to notify you about changes to our service or to provide you with information about special features of our site or any special service or products which we think may be of interest to you;
- to provide you with related information or special deals which we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information please let us know by sending us an email to email@example.com.
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; from time to time, to enable our customer service agencies to carry out research and analysis so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide.
- so that we or our agents and sub-contractors can occasionally contact you including by post, email or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services.
Information We Collect About You.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information We Receive From Other Sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
3. Disclosure Of Your Information
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
1. Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
2. Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
3. Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
2. If we or any member of our group (or a substantial part of our or our group companies’ assets) are acquired by a third party, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
3. [To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have [consented to/not opted out of] these disclosures. [We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.] For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.].
4. To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
5. For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
6. With your consent.
7. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
9. If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The NAV People, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
4. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Promotional Offers from us. If you do not wish to have your [email address/contact information] used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
- Marketing. If you do not want us to use your personal information for marketing purposes you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
- Links To/From Third-Party Websites. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
5. Where We Store Your Personal Information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Our local and cloud firewall solutions are used to block unauthorized traffic to our network and servers. We also keep your information confidential. The NAV People’s internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
6. Accessing and Updating Your Details
If any of the information that you have provided to The NAV People changes, for example if you change your e-mail address, name or address please visit our inquiries form and send us the amendments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. How to Contact The NAV People